RockMelt-The fastest growing browser amongst social website lovers. The browser which was amongst Top Ten Trending topics on Twitter for 2010(technology) has rolled out it’s first & big update for 2011.
Version 0.8.40.147 contains over 40 bug fixes & a dozen features including:
- Chromium 8 and the Chrome Web Store
- Better, faster Feed
- Reduced memory usage, improved performance of Feeds
- New keyboard shortcuts
- Other updates
Most noticeable change is update to Chrome Web Store which allows to use Chrome Apps within RockMelt.
Like always, your browser will download the update automatically within the next day or so. If you want it now, open the RockMelt menu, choose “About RockMelt” to download the update, and then restart to apply the update.
Details of Enhancements:
- Upgrade to Chromium 8 – RockMelt now supports Chrome Web Store apps!
- Updated New Tab page to allow for management of Chrome Web Store apps
- Faster, more reliable feeds – Feeds are twice as fast and perform better than ever
- Preference for viewing Favorites / All friends in Friend Edge is now synced across all your RockMelt browsers
- Updated keyboard shortcuts
- (Mac)Upgraded chat experience – Incoming chats do not steal focus and the RockMelt dock icon displays profile pics, as well as the number of unread chats
- (Mac)Reduced memory usage of feed windows, especially when left open for a long time
- (Mac) Improved performance of opening and scrolling through feeds
- (Windows) Spell checking in chat, Facebook messages, status updates, sharing, comments, and tweets
42 Bugs Fixed
- Fixed issue with empty Facebook Feed and Facebook Profile affecting certain browsers
- Fixed several issues causing crashes
- (Mac) Fixed issues preventing unfollowing of Twitter users
- (Mac) Fixed issues with opening search results in new tabs
- (Windows) Fixed layout issues with chat messages
- (Windows) Fixed drag and drop removal of Facebook Profile and Facebook Feed
- (Windows) Fixed Windows 7 issue with having multiple RockMelt icons in the taskbar